Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Savannah Sunset Collection by INGLOT #BeautyNewbie



 Disney's Tony award winning musical The Lion King has been a must see show for years,         drawing in crowds because of their talented cast who are not only amazing actors, but are beautifully skilled singers and dancers. Audiences find themselves captivated by the detailed sets, intricate and creative costumes and of course the stunning make-up that can help transform a person into their character as they grace the stage.

I am far from a make-up maven, more like a make-up virgin who seriously just learned how to apply blush a few months ago. Which was why I was so beyond excited to get the opportunity to cover for Vera Sweeney (Lady and the Blog) to preview the exclusive INGLOT collection, Savannah Sunset at The INGLOT Studio in Chelsea Market. This gorgeous, shimmery palette embodies all the magical colors of a sun setting in the African savannah and consists rich and vibrant oranges, browns and bronzes that will make anyone glow. The collection includes:
  • INGLOT Freedom System Eye shadow Paleette #606, 108r and #329
  • Face Blush #40
  • Freeom System Lipstick Palette #20 and #21
  • Nail Enamel #042
  • Secret Volume Masacaa and Inglot Felt Tip Eyeliner Pen
 I walked into the Inglot Studio and seriously felt nervous, as if somebody could read on my forehead that I didn't know a thing about beauty products. Guests enjoyed light bites & cocktails while others were eyeing the rainbow selection of products, from shadows to liners and polishes and chose their favorites while they waited for their Inglot consultant to give them a complimentary mini make-over.





Throughout the evening I watched as an actress from the show FELA, learned how to make her eyes pop for an upcoming performance she was going to be in with the Roots. I loved watching the layering of colors and the end result was gorgeous, but seemingly to difficult I think for me to achieve at home. I'm going to have to watch quite a few YouTube videos to pull off, anything close what her consultant did.






The highlight of the evening was meeting Mr. INGLOT himself, who created the brand 30 years ago to make high quality products at affordable prices & he was joined by the incredibly talented & extremely friendly performers from The Lion King on Broadway: Chondra Profit who plays Sarabi,  Bonita J. Hamilton who plays Shenzi and Ray Mercer who's part of the ensemble as a giraffe.








I'm all about great quality and affordability for anything I purchase, especially when it comes to make-up because it's just not something I purchase on a regular basis (yet) and can't justify splurging on when I know products that won't break the bank exist. Honestly my typical everyday make-up routine consists of eyeliner, mascara and gloss and if I'm going out in the evening I will most likely wear foundation and a bold lip color to step it up a notch.  I'm sure I'll want to experiment more and will definitely try to this month because thanks to Inglot and The Lion King, the hubby and I are going to see the show on Broadway which has been on our bucket list for-eva! 





The Lion King is now playing at the Minskoff Theatre (200 West 45th street, New York, NY) and INGLOT's Savannah Sunset collection with The Lion King can be found in boutique stores around the world and on Inglotusa.com. Audience members who bring their ticket to INGLOT Times Square and like INGLOT Fan page on Facebook will receive a 20% discount on their purchase or receive a free makeover from INGLOT. And stay tuned because Kaye Tuckerman (creative director of Inglot) says there will be upcoming Broadway team-ups with the beauty brand in the future! 

Disclosure: The opinions expressed are 100% my own and I received a gift bag for attending. No other compensation was received.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...